+1 514 791 2133
I am a freelance writer and editor with over seven years experience in the industry working in print and online media. Specialising in creative non-ficton, journalism, and news reporting in the fields of sport, art, and culture.
Editor In Chief, June 2012 – June 2015
- As the head of editorial, created, produced, commissioned, and managed original daily content across a number of mediums for Coastalwatch.com
- Managed editorial budget.
- Worked with advertising, events, and marketing teams, as well as industry clients, delivering cross-platform campaigns to a mass audience.
- Managed all CW social media platforms.
Surfing World Magazine
Senior Editor, May 2014 – June 2015
Deputy Editor, May 2010 – June 2012
- Created and wrote feature articles, reviews, general copy, headlines, and cover lines.
- Copy/subedited and proofread all magazine copy.
- Created new ideas for features, design, and concept issues.
Campaign – Young, Free, Alright!
From January 2013 to January 2015, created and edited the branded content series for Arnette Sunglasses that recognised, encouraged, and celebrated young creative talent in and around Australian surfing. Featured over 40 profile pieces and three collaborative multimedia road trip features.
Editorial Series – This Week In Surfing
Established July 2012 and still freaking going, the bewilderingly popular write-up of the weekly events in the world of surfing is published every Friday on Coastalwatch.com. More than 200 TWIS columns full of offbeat humour, very bad jokes, and sometimes a critical and heartfelt analysis of surfing’s most serious issues… please kill me.
Award – Stab Magazine’s Little Weeds
2009 Writing Section winner. (Kinda sorta) Guest edited Stab Magazine Issue 38.
Other Places My Writing Has Featured
VICE, Monster Children, Surfer’s Journal, Surfer’s Path, Damaged Goods Zine, Japan Surfin’ Life, Desillusion Magazine, Great Ocean Quarterly, STAB Magazine, Foam Symmetry, Spook Magazine & probably some other places I can’t remember right now.
- Feature Writing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Surfing Commentary
- On Camera Interviews
- Studied a Bachelor of Arts – Creative Writing and Editing, with minors in Photography and Journalism – Deakin University.
- Level 6 French – CSDM, Quebec
- St. Bede’s College